Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Drifter House 7: Beginning Their New Lives

 Abby and Paul arrived on their new lot, glowing with joy at the new life they were going to build together (Paul quite literally).

"Um, where's the house?" Asked Paul.
"Oh there isn't one, not yet," Abby explained. "We have to earn the money and build it ourselves. It's a tradition in my family."

"Oh..all right, sounds like fun."

"Um, fun isn't the way my mother and grandmother described it."

 "Well i can't say I enjoy the lack of beds...or toilets...or showers...but it's not too bad yet..."

 "Ok, this is no fun at all."

"Oh goodbye dear, enjoy your visit. Hey ask their names, my cousin Bob works in abductions."

 "So how was it?" Paul asked.
"Kind of fun, actually. We played Jenga and discussed mind powers. Oh, and your old roommate from college was there...he told me all about the incident with the pink whale."

"Um, that corset was my mother's, I swear."

 It took a lot of hard work, but they finally (sort of) had a roof over their heads. They decided now was the time to elope.


 They couldn't afford a honeymoon so they decided to celebrate at the same club where they first fell in love...and look who showed up!


 "Dad!"

"I heard you went off and got married...why didn't you invite your family?"

"Well we're on a  budget and it was sort of spur of the moment..."

"I see. Well, your mother and I are both very happy for you. We can't wait to see our grandchildren!"

"We can't wait to make them!" Paul said. 

Abby blushed, but was thinking the same thing.


 Shortly after they got home Abby's mother showed up at the door. "Darling, I'm afraid I have some bad news. Your father has passed away."

"What? But I just saw him!" Abby cried.


 "There there darling, it was just his time. I need to get home and be with your brother, he's taking it hard."


Garett had just entered his teenage years, and now he'd lost his father. Abby knew her mother wasn't getting any younger, either. What would happen to him once Mom was gone?

3 comments:

  1. I have yet 2 have any of my Sims abducted....glad Paul had fun! ;)
    Awe that's sweet they celebrated their marriage in the lounge...& I'm so glad Abby got 2 c Dad 1 last time...sad that he's gone now tho =(
    Garett looks great! Maybe he can move in w/Paul & Abby some day!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abby got abducted, not Paul. Sorry I know it's hard to tell with the screenie. Took me completely by surprise. I'm hoping to move Garett in eventually, Maddie's not going to live much longer himself.

      Delete
  2. Yeah it would be nice if Garrett could move in with you guys. I hate that teens can't move in, I think it is weird because they can live alone if everyone in the house dies.

    ReplyDelete